Friday, October 26, 2007

miracles and hurdles and more hurdles and miracles?

well I know it has been a while. I have been so busy receiving informaiton and making decisions and running to PCMC that I have not had time, so I am putting carrots on hold this morning and catching you all up. Maybe if I tell you all about it, it might sound clearer in my head. (don't count on it). First things first, our thoughts our with the Johansen's. The service was beautiful and I thought the letter Keith read to his son, and his son's reply were very moving. Also thank you Keith for your thoughts of our family and putting that sentement at the bottom of Coleen's obituary were very touching to our family. You are amazing that you would even consider such a thought when you just lost your wife, we were moved to tears, and continue to pray for your family as well. Sorry I can't come up with the words right now to express how we feel.

Second I need to make a few corrections from our last blog, its good that we keep hearing the same things just a little differently so it sinks in and makes sense. I did not really lie, I mis understood certain informaiton such as the 6 kids on the list!!! there are 6 kids just from this center waiting for a liver transplant, there are over 100,000 people and the list nation wide. Andrew does need a pediatric liver transplant, but he could receive a portion from an adult in a live donor transplant. I'm not sure what else I need to correct I forgot to review my last entry before I began this one. I read it and make any corrections later.

Thirdly you have probably noticed the pictures of us with BYU players--- the story goes our wonderful neighbors Steve and Cherri Osguthorpe made arrangements for Andrew to meet the team. Steve used to play for BYU back when TY Detmer was the QB.
So Steve has lots of connections, and surprised us all with a trip to provo to meet the team last thursday after practice. It was wonderful we all enjoyed it but I think Dan was in 7th heaven and Andrew is an even bigger BYU fan now. Last Thursday we were able to watch the team finish their practice, then they called Andrew up front with them and sang to him and gave him a bag full of BYU stuff, a flag and a football of course signed by everyone and posters etc... Andrew then was able to visit with coach Bronco Mendenhall and QB coach Brandon Doman and the other coaches but I can't remember their names, sorry!!! then he threw a few footballs around with QB Max Hall and Kurt McEuen and had pictures taken with them and Max even let him try on his helmet. Then the guys got to go into the locker room with the team while we girls waited outside, only to be informed by Andrew that the reason girls can't go in is that they shower then put on boxers and play ping pong while they dry off!!! Steve was also able to get tickets to sit in a box at Saturday's game, so Andrew, Dan, Spencer, Steve, Colton, and Gunner went and had a great time, came home bragging about how great the box was and all the food they got to eat, then the Athletic Director Tom Holmoe and Associate Director Brian Santiago who are great friends with Steve, came and got Andrew and let him go in to the locker room with the guys after the game to celebrate, for a few minutes. Thank you to the BYU team and and to the coaches and to Tom Holmoe for allowing us to come and to Steve for arranging this all together. I don't even have enough words to express our gratitude and for how much fun Andrew had, and what this means to our family. We love you all. Andrew says he thought it was good and neat to meet the team and coaches. Several days later Andrew and I were home and the phone rings and its none other than TY Detmer wishing Andrew a get well soon. Andrew says that he thought that was cool to hear from Ty. (Ty and Steve were roomates at BYU-- thanks once again Steve).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes me cry. It's amazing how much love can come from something. Andrew's trial sure seems to be bringing out the best in people!

Rachel said...

Thinking about you and praying for you all!!